Monday, February 4, 2013

We Have to Change


After watching two videos on the YouTube, which entitled Educational Change Challenge and Social Media Revolution 2011, I am so impressed by the data and information displayed in them.
From this video, I strongly agree with the narration that teachers exist in the space where students exist. In this digital world, the generation we will teach is highly media-driven generation. Look at ourselves, I can’t imagine one day that without cellphones, laptops because I’m so rely on social media to communicate with the world myself. Let alone our students in the future. As the development of globalization, we are developing rapidly from one room school house to on world school house. If we can’t keep up with technologies, we lose relevant. But educators must be relevant. We need to change and we have to change!
I’m so impressed by the data and quotes displayed in this video. I’m really surprised that even kindergartens are learning on iPads. The new generation is growing in an intensive world combined by social media. The data provides us a direct visual shock that how powerful transmissibility and influential ability the social media has. Although, popular social networks in western country like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube are not accessible in China yet, we have our own fast developing social network all around the country. As I mentioned in my last blog, weibo now is among the most popular social media in China. As the video mentioned that 93% marketers use social media in business, we are right now living in a social media revolution era. The world has change so fast since I was a child. I’m really happy to be a part of it witnessing the changes and will contribute myself in education for further revolutions.



1 comment:

  1. We really are living in an exciting era. The digital world offers so much for teaching and learning.

    ReplyDelete