Monday, March 25, 2013

Bookr for Digital Story-telling


I'm very enjoyed using Bookr to create my story, it's very interesting and easy to operate on computers. I have discussed the advantages of digital storytelling for language learning for students. And Bookr is such a good tool to incorporate Flickr photos.
In my future teaching, I would use this tool for culture teaching in a language class. My objectives would be culture teaching. As we all know, culture is very important for language learning because it enables students with more communicative competence rather than only linguistic knowledge. In my class, I may use Bookr to let students create stories about English festivals, historical events, food culture or any aspects that they are interested in. I would let them work in groups and present their digital story to the whole class. It's an interesting way to engage students in culture learning and also a more creative way to do presentation.
Although there are limitation about this tool, such as limited photo resources, it is still a wonderful tool for both teacher and student to use in language class!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to know that you had such a great spring break!

    ReplyDelete